Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I Blame McCain for Twins’ Downfall

By Mark:

So I called it a month ago and what do you know it’s coming true. Yup, I’m blaming the republicans and John McCain for the Minnesota Twins’ dismal play down the stretch.

The Twins are now 2.5 games out of first place and, after seeing a decline in their results thanks to a 15-game road trip the team was forced to take while the Republican Convention was in St. Paul, it doesn’t look like they are going to recover. The Twins went 6-9 on that road trip and are yet to get their feet back underneath them and start playing better baseball.

So shame on you Republicans and your ‘maverick’ John McCain. Shame on you for ruing my team’s chances of making the playoffs. The Democrats were kind enough to host their convention in Denver, obviously because the Colorado Rockies had zero chance of making the playoffs.

So my message here is we need to keep politics and sports separate. I doubt game seven of the World Series would ever be played on Election Day.

Perhaps the real message of this post is that I’m tired of listening to candidates repeat portions of their convention speeches like they are on some rock concert tour and can just do the same set every day. It seems there is nothing new to talk about aside from the market issues right now and I’ll defer to Matt on that topic.

We’ve got six weeks before the election so let’s get the debates going and turn up the heat on this vital election.

No comments: